VSCommand Shell option - error, or...?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Apr 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM
Hi,

When I run the Power Toys Pack Installer, one of the options is for "VSCommand Shell 1.1"

In the description below VSCommand Shell 1.1, the 2nd sentence says "This shell gives you the ability to execute both command shell commands using Visual Studio environment variables."

I'm fairly new to all these Power Packs, etc... (and CodePlex!) but it sounds like it is implying that there are only 2 command shell commands. - Surely this is a typo, no?
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2007 at 9:49 PM
Good catch! I copied the description from another source and didn't read carefully. The sentence should read something to the effect of: "This shell gives you the ability to execute Command Shell or Power Shell commands using Visual Studio environment variables."
Apr 27, 2007 at 1:20 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2007 at 1:20 PM
Ahh... I get it - like "... both command shell and PowerShell commands ..." (like a PowerShell ... shell(?)) :)

Thanks!

PS - wow, this CodePlex has some funky edit/updates!
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2007 at 11:29 PM
You are correct, if you have PowerShell installed it works with VS Command Shell, if not you can still use basic Command Shell functionality. In case you hadn't found it, here's the link to the VS Command Shell project: http://www.codeplex.com/VSCmdShell